Tuesday 19 February 2013

My Journey Begins at With Kids, Glasgow


After recently moving to Glasgow from N.Ireland a few months ago, I knew I wanted to get involved in a local charity by volunteering! 

I came across the With Kids website one day, and was immediately struck by their positive, vibrant atmosphere. Being part of a charity who are always enthusiastic about their work was definitely something that I wanted to be involved in.

My interest and experience in social media and online marketing meant that I was excited about bringing these skills into the With Kids team. Collaborating with fatBuzz alongside the charity enables me to contribute my own ideas about how we can reach more people.  

I’ll be working on generating content for publishing online such as interesting articles, videos, information for blog posts, designing e-newsletter templates and banners as well as having fun, and enjoying the chocolate treats that often circulate the office!

Volunteering for With Kids is a great way to meet new people alongside developing skills and helping vulnerable children and families in the East End of Glasgow. I’ll be blogging about the exciting things I’ll be getting up to over the next while, and make sure to keep an eye out for a video coming up so you can meet me!

You can keep up-to-date with Heather and With Kids on Facebook and Twitter!

If you have found this post of interest then please feel free to share it with your online community via the share buttons below. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment