Monday 11 March 2013

Update with Heather

Hi everyone! I hope you've been having a great few weeks. I thought I would give you an update on what I've been getting up to recently! We've all been very busy at With Kids and it’s exciting to become more involved with the charity, especially when you are given free cupcakes on a Monday morning!

An important part of my role is to raise awareness of the work With Kids are doing online, so I've been enjoying updating Facebook with details of all our clubs and activities which are running this month.

I've also been making sure to engage with Facebook followers as well as reaching out to wider audiences by sharing a variety of posts, images and articles. If you haven't already, why not check out our Facebook page which contains all the information you need about our upcoming events, as well as finding interesting articles, videos and pictures to view!

The first edition of our monthly e-newsletter, ‘The Stream’, which will be sent out on Friday 15th March, has been keeping all of us busy in the office! Researching content, and designing templates are just some of the things that I've been involved in. We are all very excited about the launch of ‘The Stream’, and hope it will be a great way of networking and discussing the work that we do with others.

I’m sure many of you have heard in the news recently about the new universal benefit system that the government are planning to put into action later this year. I’ll be exploring what this means for single parents, and whether it will be a factor in contributing to the rise of parental depression, so be sure to look out for an article soon about this.

My role at With Kids has got off to a great start, and I’m looking forward to attending the St. Patrick’s Day Charity Ball on the 16th March in Glasgow which will raise vital funds for children’s charities throughout the area. All that’s left for me to do is find something to wear!

Be sure to keep up to date with all the fun from the ball as well as the work I’ll be getting up to through Facebook, Twitter and the With Kids Blog!

If you have found this post of interest then please feel free to share it with your online community via the share buttons below. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment