Monday 29 July 2013

The 'you know what' has hit the fan!

This weekend, our fantastic supporter, Samantha Sheridan was meant to be taking part in the London Triathlon to raise money for With Kids.

However, things didn't go to plan and after months of hard work and dedication, unfortunately for Samantha illness got in the way.

But all is not lost - read all about what other challenge she is taking part in below.

So after 2 months of training, cycling, running, squeezing wetsuits on and then off again... a virus seems to have taken GOLD!

Over a week of not being quite right has left me exhausted and dehydrated... I continued to run but 'runs' of a different theme have got in the way. My supporters who have kindly flown down from Glasgow sporting a banner have even commented on my muscle loss!!! Can I hide behind the banner???

I am gutted. My number is 2508 and my bike was serviced last week, it's all shiny and ready, plus my new Lycra tri-suit arrived which matches my wetsuit. I cant believe the weekends swimming in the cold outdoor pools of London has been a waste (way before the heatwave too!!!). 


However ALL IS NOT LOST!!! I am not a quitter and when I say I'll do something, and get sore bum cheeks from training so hard doing it, then I am not about to say 'oh well never mind'. And I want to compete for With Kids - its a charity I really believe in and want to do something for. 

So my friend Natalie has signed me up for the Brighton Triathlon - it's LONGER, TOUGHER and sea swimming!!! I'm scared, as all training has been for a sprint distance, but I do feel like I want and need a bigger challenge and I can assure you this time I will NOT be eating seafood or going near any busy virus filled places and in fact will maybe lock myself in a darkened room a week prior to race day. 

On a positive I think it will give more time for donations and it's definitely a life lesson,  because sometimes we work hard at something only to be halted by something else out-with our control - get up and aim higher!

I do thank everyone who has supported this far and I can't express how sad I am but please lets all keep momentum up. Brighton is in September and I'll keep you all updated soon... x

If you'd like to donate please visit Samantha's Just Giving page HERE.

For the latest updates from With Kids - remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

If you have found this post of interest then please feel free to share it with your online community via the share buttons below. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment