Thursday 19 September 2013

Lisa's Great Scottish Run!


In just under three weeks, our fantastic fundraiser, Lisa will be barrelling the streets of Glasgow with thousands of others in the Great Scottish Run!

In this blog post, Lisa tells her story of why she has decided to take part in the race and kindly donate some of the proceeds to With Kids.

Read Lisa's story below...

As a lone parent, back in Canada, organisations like With Kids really helped me. Now, I'd like to help give something back.

I've not set a goal, as I believe that every donation counts and I will be proud to donate any amount.

I will be running the Glasgow 10k in just under three weeks and so far the training is going well, with not too many hiccups along the way.

In just under three weeks I’ll be barrelling through the streets of Glasgow with thousands of others in the Great Scottish Run.

I’ll be doing the 10k event, and though not a feat for some, for me this was a huge undertaking to get my fitness up to snuff and not to mention I genuinely detest running.

As a complete non-runner at the start, I have set myself a goal of completion time of 70 minutes.


I had a slight set back in training with a sprained ankle followed on with a flu, which took three weeks out of my training time last month. So now I am training six out of seven days and it's tough going, but worth it.

On top of the physical training I have been on a pretty strict diet and can count on one hand the number of Alcoholic drinks I've consumed over the past three months!

On my journey I've dropped two dress sizes and lost nearly two stone,  pretty pleased with that so far!

Anyhow, if anyone would care to make a donation to either of the charities I am running in support of, it would be most welcome.

Please click HERE to visit Lisa's Just Give page to donate to With Kids!

If you'd like to find out more about how you can help to raise vital funds for With Kids please click HERE.

You can contact us on Facebook or Twitter or call us on 0141 550 5770.

If you have found this post of interest then please feel free to share it with your online community via the share buttons below. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment